In other news...old man winter has been very kind so far (last week it was 79), but rumor is he'll get nasty tomorrow. Dallas has an ice storm warning from tonight until Wednesday. Sounds like OKC will get the lovely "winter mix."
You know my inner weather nerd is kinda excited about this. I hate driving in it, but I'm very curious to see if Dallas meteorologists are as zany as OKC ones.
Hmm...how will I measure this? They must do at least 3 of the following:
- Sometime this week it is given a name, i.e. "Ice Storm 2009"
- Dramatic music erupts before the weather forecast and/or commercial breaks
- Anchors claim the news station is in "storm watch mode" or some level-orange saying that describes their obsession
- They break into regular programming
- They overestimate the accumulation - since it's ice, they'll say the rain will last longer than it really does. If it were snow, they'd overestimate by 2 inches.
- They send at least two reporters scattered through the city for live reports on the ice. These reports involve: a ruler, an extreme close-up of the road, and/or an extreme close-up of a street sign. The reporters will be in full winter gear, advising everyone to stay home....meanwhile, behind them you can see cars driving way too fast on the roads.