Friday, April 03, 2009

Stop me if you've heard this one...

Hey kids! Guess what? We're moving!

That's right. Just a little over a year after my last announcement that we were moving, we are again.

To Houston. Home of NASA, Beyonce, and a few other infamous things...

Technically, we won't be living in Houston per se. We'll be in the southeast suburban area called Clear Lake between Houston and Galveston. That means Galveston will be 30 minutes away from our home. Yay, we can go to the beach on a whim. Boo, we have to buy hurricane shutters.

I have some interesting trivia about Clear Lake to share later.

It does mean to one really good thing: our kids will go to school with the astronauts' kids. No surprise, the school district is one of the best in Texas.

When are we moving? Well, that's still TBD. Mustang finishes his fellowship June 30. Our lease is up then, too.

Let's all just pray right now that we find and close on a house by June 30. I really, really, don't want to live in an apartment temporarily, put things in storage, and move twice. Please, God, no.

I am thankful we don't have to sell again. Blech. Especially in this economy. It's a buyer's market. Our benefit. Sweet.

So guess what? The blog is about to focus on house hunting. I'm excited. Hope yall are, too.

Now, am I excited about Houston? Eh, I'm getting there. Honestly, I've had a really hard time missing my Oklahoma friends & family. But I'm excited about our family that Mustang & I will hopefully build one day, and this new chapter we're about to begin.

1 comment:

Dayna said...

If I ever have the chance to travel to Houston on business, I'll give you a holler. If you want any help job hunting, I can put in a word with my nonprofit contacts.