Thursday, March 19, 2009

I am not Southwest Airlines

Somebody has apparently given out my cell phone number to people, saying it's the number for Southwest Airlines' baggage claim in OKC.

I've received 4 phone calls since Tuesday of angry people looking for their luggage. On one call, as I was tried to explain to an elderly woman that I'm not Southwest, she abruptly ended our call by saying, "I'm getting a headache. Bye."

Another elderly woman (perhaps the same one) left a voicemail for me about her luggage.

I got a phone call yesterday from a man that went like this:

Me: "Hello?"

Confused Man: "Is this Southwest Airlines?"

Me: "No, sorry. This is a cell phone."

Confused Man: "A cell phone for Southwest Airlines?"

Me: "Um, no, a personal cell phone."

If the phone calls continue today, I think I'm going to call Southwest Airlines myself. Sheesh.

2 comments:

Dayna said...

Should be worth a few complimentary airline tickets...

Anonymous said...

I think you should play along with the next call you get.

-amy